Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cost of Shakeology


I’m sure that most of you are thinking “Shakeology sounds awesome, but it’s so expensive! There’s no way I can/want to pay $130 a month for it!” I definitely had the same reservations when we first heard about it. Not to mention, Brian and I BOTH drink it, so that equals TWO bags of Shakeology every month. You do the math. ouch. Since I’m a coach, I get a 25% discount, so that helps a little.

You have to approach it a little differently though. If you take $130 divided by 30, it means that you’re spending $4.33 per day for your Shakeology (If you have the coach’s discount, it’s only $3.25). I want you to think about something unhealthy or frivilous that you spend about $4 per day on. Do you run into Starbucks every morning? McDonalds during your lunch break? Do you waste money on little snacks? Cigarettes? Alcohol?

“Shakeology costs just over $4 per serving for high-quality antioxidants, powerful vitamins and minerals, more than 70 superfoods, super-greens/ phytonutrients, crucial proteins, essential amino acids, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, good carbs,and low fat. If you purchased each ingredient separately, it would cost more than $700. So while Shakeology might seem expensive at first, really there’s no way you can eat healthier and spend less.”
(Shakeology Product Training Guide)

I completely understand that some people can’t afford to spend an extra $130 per month no matter how they budget their money. But I think that for a lot of others, it’s about their priorities. If being healthy is a priority for you, I would recommend taking a look at what you spend your money on and see if you can make room in your budget for Shakeology.

No comments:

Post a Comment